Kyle Kinard
1130 SW Campus View Dr.
Pullman, WA
99163
509-432-5775
September 28, 2011
Delores J. Barber, Chief
FOIA Service Center
400 Maryland Ave., SW, 2W202
Washington, D.C. 20202–4536
FOIA REQUEST
Fee benefit requested
Fee waiver requested
Expedited processing requested
Dear FOIA Officer:
Pursuant to the federal Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552, I request access to and copies of all of the changes in the language of the Patsy T. Mink Equal Opportunity in Education Act (formerly known as Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 made in the last year.
I would like to receive the information in electronic format.
As a representative of the news media I am only required to pay for the direct cost of duplication after the first 100 pages. Through this request, I am gathering information on Changes to the Patsy T. Mink Equal Opportunity in Education Act that is of current interest to the public because the language may affect the way sexual assaults and incidents of bullying are reported. This information is being sought on behalf of Murrow News Service for dissemination to the general public.
Please waive any applicable fees. Release of the information is in the public interest because it will contribute significantly to public understanding of government operations and activities.
If my request is denied in whole or part, I ask that you justify all deletions by reference to specific exemptions of the act. I will also expect you to release all segregable portions of otherwise exempt material. I, of course, reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information or to deny a waiver of fees.
<!-- journalist -->
As I am making this request as a journalist and this information is of timely value, I would appreciate your communicating with me by telephone, rather than by mail, if you have questions regarding this request.
Please provide expedited processing of this request which concerns a matter of urgency. As a journalist, I am primarily engaged in disseminating information. The public has an urgent need for information about changes in the language of the Patsy T. Mink Equal Opportunity in Education Act because they need to know how this language would affect their children. For students, the language may affect circumstances regarding the definition of sexual assault and bullying and consequently how these claims are reported. This may have financial implications for institutions like schools and universities. I certify that my statements concerning the need for expedited processing are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I look forward to your reply within 20 business days, as the statute requires.
Thank you for your assistance.
Sincerely,
Kyle Kinard
No comments:
Post a Comment